"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Perspective




We're having one of our mid-winter thaws, complete with warm Chinook winds and rain, so you could look at the above photo and see A Mid-Winter Night's Nightmare, what with all the water on the surface of frozen Trail Lake. Not good for sled dogs, skiers, or snowmachines.

On the other hand, you could look at the photo and see A Mid-Winter's Night Dream. Of course, you would have to understand that this is Mother Nature's way of sending in her Zamboni to re-surface the ice for the skaters.

(Yes, I did watch THE hockey game Sunday. )

1 comment:

  1. We're thawing out down here too. Temperatures are expected to rise into the forties this weekend.

    Mother Nature must have been watching the Olympics as well!!

    ReplyDelete