"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sun Worship

My friend Shaddy, who blogs at Paper Cut Screams, is vacationing in the Florida Keys. Recently she posted a photo of the sugar sands on the beach.

Ah, how well I recall the soft, glistening white sand beaches of Florida's gulf coast. The sand was almost as fine as flour, and felt wonderful under bare feet.

Just so happens I was sunbathing yesterday, also, on my back deck, reading Two Old Women by Velma Wallis. (More about that later.) I was trying to put a little color on my winter-hibernation-pasty-white face, and soon I began to feel that delicious tightening of the skin across my cheekbones.

The temperature, in the shade, rose from 36 to 41 degrees, but the sun reflecting off the snow, the log siding, and my dark brown deck was.....heavenly.

Sunbathing in March, Alaskan style.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to do some real sunbathing, come on down. There's plenty of room here.

    ReplyDelete