"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I can't believe this...

No kidding! I'm actually ready, travel trailer loaded, hooked up, and ready to roll. Last load of dishes in the dishwasher, last load of laundry in the washing machine, all the electronics in the trailer. I don't even have a flash card up here in the loft to take a shot of a most unusual sky. Blue sky, pink stratus clouds, and low-lying gray puffballs hugging the mountains. I gotta go out to the trailer and get a flash card.


Well, by the time I got to the trailer, found a flash card, put new batteries in the camera, took three shots I didn't like, cut the exposure down -1.7, and actually pressed the shutter button, the pink was gone. It's still a cool picture with the mountains above the clouds. They always look three times higher like that.

Still, not a bad shot for almost midnight, huh? You might have to double click on the photo to see the mountains.

Anyway, I'm not sure what Internet access I'll have while I'm gone, so I don't know when I'll be back to chat with you. Take care,

Gully

PS: Pablo is at the parrot sitter's. I could hear him complaining from four hundred feet away at my house.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure gonna miss your writing Gully. Have a great time!

    Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to hobble around on your hurting feet and get everything ready for your trip.

    It's a good thing that you'll be away from litter picking for a good stretch of days. Let them puppies of yours heel up before you once again do your best to help keep Alaska beautiful.

    Enjoy your time away, ya hear!

    ReplyDelete