"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Primer on Parrot Body Language

Have a stubborn parrot almost forty years old that won't talk? No problem. Read his body language.

Here's how:



Whoo-hoo! Let's get this show on the road!




Hey, need any help over there?



Yeah, you looked like you could use my help.



No kidding? You're actually cooking?





I'm ready. When do we eat?




Don't bother me. I'm eating.



How 'bout some quality time, just you and me?





Enough with the work. Okay?


I said put this stuff down!






Yes, that's more like it.



Right there, right there. AH, you got it.





Oh, no! Not the tummy!




Yah-ha-ha-hee-hee-ha. Oh, quit. Quit. Uncle!!!






'Bout time you got back. Where you been this time?



You never take me any where!





Yeah, I'm mad! Just come closer and I'll show you how angry I am!





(Yawn...) I think I'll take a little nap now. You'll be here when I wake up, won't you?

See there ? Nothing to it. Parrots are very expressive.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea parrots were so good at communicating. I should say instead, I admire the relationship you've developed with Pablo. I'm not nearly as observant of my husband as you are of your feathered companion.

    Lon shaved off his moustache a few years ago and I didn't even notice it. I did mention that he looked a bit pale but didn't know why until his brother said, "Why'd you shave your moustache off?"

    If Lon was like Pablo and couldn't talk, I'd probably forget all about him until he started snoring !!

    Nah! It's not that bad. Really. I fill his water bottle and dump seeds in his dish every day.

    SQUAWK!!

    ReplyDelete