"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, November 13, 2009

Update on Tern Lake injured swan...

Many thanks to my friend Shirley in Washington, who sent a link to a video regarding the injured Tern Lake swan.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/Southbound-swan-gets-help-from-airline-69735422.html

The Alaska Sealife Center personnel named her Marshmallow. I really thought "Juliet" was more appropriate.

Alaska Airlines flew her south to a refuge in Washington. Perhaps Romeo will find her there. And, when she's able, she can fly away.

Anyway, she's safe and with her kind.

"Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou?:

1 comment:

  1. He's over there to your left in the Speedo swimsuit, sunning himself under the gorgeous skies of Mexico.

    Slide your lounge chair in his direction, recite a line or two of your doggerel and he'll sweep you off your feet.

    (Take off your glasses first and strike a pose. Look over your right shoulder with your nose in the air. He'll melt like butter.)

    If that doesn't work, you're on your own.

    ReplyDelete